This international competition calls on and challenges participants to design or present a fresh concept for an Organic Skyscraper – a skyscraper that grows or changes form according to future requirement.
The skyscraper will serve as a tech city (technology and digital media centered companies) within the area. The design proposal should be one with topology that allows for the possibility to grow as the need for more space becomes necessary in the future to counter today’s ever-increasing number of city commercial skyscrapers which are under utilised, sparsely occupied or even with empty floors. This has on some occasion been due to the trend for commissioning and constructing too many unnecessarily high skyscrapers resulting in low-density use or occupancy in major cities.
The design should be visually and aesthetically engaging, explore and investigate the possibilities for urban Skyscrapers that present the unique possibility to increase useable space vertically and horizontally as the need arises or even to shrink where there is space or height surplus to requirement. It should also maximise the positive impact of such a Vertical Structures whist minimising the negative.
- Graduate Architects
- Architecture Students
- Team (Architects, Graduate Architect, Architecture Students, Engineers, Designers, Urbanists)
Every entrant shall be required to pay an entry fee as follows:
- Special Registration: $60 US from 06th February 00:00 (GMT) to 20th February 2014 23:59 (GMT)
- Early Registration: $80 US from 21st February 00:00 (GMT) to 17th March 2014 23:59 (GMT)
- Standard Registration: $100 US from 18th March 00:00 (GMT) to 29th May 2014 23:59 (GMT)
- Late Registration: $150 US from 30th May 00:00 (GMT) to 10th June 2014 23:59 (GMT)
10th June 2014 ———————————– Closing Date for Submissions